The following benefits are available to employees who work more than 20 hours per week.
Deferred compensation plans are available as regular payroll deductions. Information is available in the Human Resources Department.
Staff members may purchase books, compact discs, and other library materials at library prices. Personal books may be rebound at the same price available for library materials. Some local book stores give library employees discounts on their materials.
Nine paid holidays and three days of personal leave.
Health Care Insurance: Group health and dental insurance is available under FHP and the Public Employees Health Plan for employee.
Life Insurance: Provides death benefit of $50,000 for each salaried position.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance: Provides a benefit of up to $50,000 for each salaried position.
Workers Compensation Insurance: Is provided through the Utah State Insurance Fund. The Library pays the total premium.
Employees may choose to pay for the following options:
- Health Care Insurance: Group health and dental insurance is available under FHP and the Public Employees Health Plan for spouse and dependent children up to the age of 26.
- Spouse Term Life Insurance: A benefit of $1,000 to a maximum of $150,000.
- Dependent Child Term Life Insurance: A benefit of $5,000 or $10,000 is payable upon the death of a dependent child 14 days old to 23 years.
- Optional Life Insurance: Employee pays the total premium through payroll deductions.
- Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company provides additional coverage for death and dismemberment due to accident.
- Long-term Disability Insurance: Provides coverage of 60% of employee's regular monthly salary for up to two years.
Leave / Death
Up to five days is allowed in case of death of a member of the immediate family or household.
Leave / Sick
Accrued at a rate of one day per month the first year and 1.25 days per month thereafter up to a total of 135 days. There is also 30 days of hospitalization leave available to salaried employees each year.
Covered parking at the Main Library is available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a $5.00 deposit for a parking sticker. Some branches have parking restrictions.
The Library is part of the Utah State Retirement program. The Library makes the total payment for eligible employees.
Normal coverage is provided through employee deduction and employer matching contribution.
For professional staff with MLS degree or equivalent and staff members in positions above grade 23, 22 working days annually. For other salaried staff members, ten working days a year for the first two years of employment. This increases to 15 days annually during the third, fourth, and fifth years of employment. An additional day of annual vacation is added for each year worked thereafter until a maximum of 22 days is reached.